By Janie Baer
1. The very first and most important step you need to take in order to affectively use confessions of God's Word is to become born again. The term "born again" means you experience a spiritual rebirth. Each person needs rebirth of their spirit because each person is born into this world with their spirits dead to God because of the sin of the first man Adam. The Bible tells us in Romans 5:19-21 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one (Jesus) shall many be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. KJV So acknowledging a sinful nature and receiving the gift of righteousness that Jesus has provided can bring forth this new birth.
Pray this prayer: Father God, I confess I am a sinner. I acknowledge that Jesus died for my sins and rose again from the dead for my justification before you. I receive Jesus as my Savior for my sins. I also receive Jesus as the Lord of my life. Come into my life Lord Jesus Christ. I receive the gift of eternal life now, in Jesus' name.
Congratulations! You are now in the family of God. Your spirit is now alive to God. God, the Holy Spirit, now has come to live inside of you. He is now your Guide to discern spiritual matters and give you understanding of the scriptures.
These steps I have included in an audio download on my website because I think it is so necessary for you to begin your new life in Christ Jesus with these steps and also essential for the continued growth of every believer in Christ.
2. At your new birth God gave you a gift, the faith of God. Exercise this faith now believing God's Word is the spoken Word to you. The New Testament is really your guide as a new believer and most of your daily confessions should come from the book of Acts through Revelations. These books were written to born again believers.
3. You must use the faith of God given to you and believe you are whom the Bible says you are, and you can do what the Bible says you can do. Do this in spite of your circumstances. Believing in your negative circumstances is what will keep you from what God's Word declares you are in your identification with Jesus Christ. The circumstances are a fact, but God's Word is the truth about you. Once you understand these things is when your confession of God's Word becomes powerful.
4. Your next exciting step is to find confession scriptures you can apply to your situations you want changed. For example healing: Proverbs 4:22 For they (Word of God) are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. AMP (Footnote in King James Bible: healing: medicine) You can take God's Word as medicine by speaking it like this: "God's Word is life to me and it brings healing and health to all of my flesh." You must continue to take this as medicine, speaking it until the symptoms go away.
Use daily scripture confession while you are taking prescribed medication and you will speed up the process of healing. This process, you must decide, is your way to receive your healing or any thing else in your new life in Christ Jesus and not something you are just going to try. It will not work if you are just trying to see if it will work.
Using daily confession of God's Word as medicine, you can take as much as you like because you won't overdose and thank God, you won't have any side affects.
5. Don't look to see if you are healed, because you are healed. Just image yourself there when Jesus was given those wounds for your healing and then see yourself taking the healing.
God gave you an imagination to see yourself as God's Word declares. Seeing yourself as God's Word declares, makes you agree with God and how he sees you. You are actually seeing yourselves in Christ Jesus. Your life is in Him now. Now you see yourself healed, delivered from pain, and cancer removed from your body. Christ is the big "C" now and not cancer!
Visualize Hebrews 4:12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; AMP See God's Word full of power working in your body, activated in your body, operating in your body, energizing your body, and effective in your body parts.
Abraham can be your example. He wanted a son but He and Sarah could never have a son. With his faith in full operation, he considered not his body or Sarah's body incapable of having children. But he instead, with his imagination, he became fully persuaded that what God had promised him, He was able to perform. Changing his imagination to what God had promised and
considering not the natural, He became a papa and Sarah became a mama.
This process, you must decide, is your way to receiving your healing or any thing else in your new life in Christ Jesus and not something you are just going to try. It will not work if you are just trying to see if it will work.
6. Next you must continue to speak as though it is done. You are healed. Abram had to have a name change to become a Papa as well as Sarai. So God changed their names to go with the promise. Abraham means "Father of nations." So when Abraham introduced himself before his children were born, Abraham, Father of Nations; he was not telling a lie. He was speaking what God had already declared about him, Abraham, Father of Nations. The Bible tells us, "Let God be true but every man a liar." So Abraham was only saying what God said.
As you continue to speak God's Word instead of the problem, it will manifest. For you are calling for things that are not in the natural realm but they do exist in the spirit realm. You are actually bringing into manifestation what already is in the spirit realm. Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: KJV So what you are receiving does exist in the spirit realm and you are bringing it into the natural realm where you are living.
As you speak God's Word, you are calling for what you want, need and desire. It is like calling for your dog when he is across the street. You want him to come to you on your porch. So you call for him and he comes. You call are for things that exist in the spirit realm that were provided for you by your Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Then comes your action of faith. Daily confession of God's Word, taking it as medicine, is part of the action you take for healing and the action you take for everything else you need or desire. You must allow the Holy Spirit guide you in this action part. He will tell you the action to take.
8. This is to be your way of life now. You speak God's Word only. You don't speak what you have if it doesn't line up with what God's Word says about you. You don’t speak what you see or feel if it is contrary to God’s Word.
God shows us this truth in Genesis 1. God didn’t look out at the darkness before creation and say, “My, it is really dark out there.” No, He didn't want more darkness, so He didn’t say anything about darkness. Instead, God said, "Let there be light." And immediately there was light.
9. You can speed up the process to, “there it is,” if you become more conscious of the words you speak. As you become more acquainted with what God’s Word says about you, then the Spirit of God living on the inside of you will bring conviction that you have spoken contrary to God’s Word and your daily confession. You can immediately remove the power of those words from
your life by saying: “I break the power of those words off of my life and render them of no affect, in Jesus’ name.” Then speak a scripture confession.
10. A really good thing to aid you in speaking God’s Word only or in line with God’s Word, is to have your spouse, family members, close friends, people with whom you work, classmates, other believers, or someone you can count on, to correct you when you speak contrary to God’s Word. This is now your lifestyle; so don’t forget to speak God’s Word every day.
Begin speaking God’s Word today and say, “I am whom God’s Word says I am. I can do what God’s Word says I can do. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I am more than a conqueror through Him that loved me. I am a world overcomer. Greater is He Who is in me than He that is in the world. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.”