We must get stronger day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16 …though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. KJV
Paul prayed, Ephesians 3:16, that we would be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; KJV
We have a choice every day whether we are going to develop our spirit by the Word. The Word of God will strengthen our spirit. We put the Word down on the inside of us and then we exercise the Word. We become stronger just like exercise makes the body stronger. We have to be strong in our spirit.
We must make it our daily priority and encourage one another to stay strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. This is why God's Word Alive is on the web to encourage and empower you and strengthen you. There is no greater joy for me than to strengthen my brothers and sisters by the Word of God.
- The stronger our spirit the more we are able to receive and resist and it will get us through anything.
- We have to develop the inner man because it is the power plant of our life.
- The weakest person can take the Word of God and he can develop a strong spirit.
- Just as a person can develop their body and their human intellect we can develop our spirit and make it stronger day by day.
- There is a limit to how big and how strong a person can become physically but there is no limit whatsoever to how strong a person's spirit can become.
- Man is a three part being; spirit, soul and body
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. KJV
So we realize that we are a spirit being, we have a soul and we live in a physical body. This scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, will help us develop a spirit consciousness. We need to say, "I am a spirit, I have a soul and I live in a physical body."
- We need to realize the importance of the spirit of a man and why the spirit has to be developed and trained. We need to spend time in the Word every day because we eat physical food every day and we need to eat spiritual food every day in order to be nourished. Physical food energizes our physical bodies and it’s the same with spiritual food that energizes our spirit man. We have to daily eat the Word of God.
- Developing our spirit is must be a priority because the body is the earth suit, the tent of the spirit, the house, the tabernacle that the spirit lives in and moves in the earth. The spirit of a man is the life of the body. The spirit is the life of the man, the hand in the glove, it's the gun in the holster. The life that is in our body comes out of our spirit and the life in our spirit comes from God.
- It is important we develop our spirit because the spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord that guides a man and Romans 10:10 tells us we believe with the heart and so the stronger our spirit is the easier it is going to be to believe God and follow God.
- Maintaining a spirit strong we are enlightened to the truth of God's Word and His will and so we think right and believe right like God thinks and believes and so we resist sickness and lack and all Christ purchased our freedom from because we are enlightened by the Word.
- Developing our spirit has to be a priority because the spirit of a man must be protected and developed.
Proverbs 4:20-27 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart (heart is the spirit). 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health (medicine) to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart (spirit) with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. KJV
That doesn't mean we spend time in the Word when we have extra time. That means we are constantly looking at the Word and we keep our heart with all diligence for out of our spirit flows the issues or the forces of life. We diligently keep our spirit developed to keep the life of God going on the inside of us.
Proverbs 4:23 Keep and guard your heart (your spirit) with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life (life forces). AMP
The life force of God comes through our spirit to get to our mind and body.
It must be protocol and priority that we take care of our spirits and feed our spirits.
James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead,… KJV
The body without the spirit is dead. Our spirit is the generator and the power plant. It's the most important part of our lives so we need to make it priority to develop our spirit.
- Developing our spirit with the Word must be priority because the Word keeps us healthy.
The Word is medicine to all our flesh. So can we say that's why the Church has been so sickly because they have neglected feeding their spirit the Word medicine? The Word is medicine to all our flesh. There is healing in the Word. Spending time in the Word we won't have to spend time in the doctor's office and spend all that money on doctors and medication and hospital stays. There is healing and wholeness and wellness in the Word of God and our spirit can be strengthened with faith that comes from the Word of divine healing and divine health to receive them.
- The Word affects our prosperity and so we need to daily feed prosperity scriptures to our spirit and strengthen our faith in that area.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature],… AMP
We must feed our spirit to make it strong so that the Word divides, goes between poverty and wealth, sickness and health and we think right and believe right and experience Christ's redemptive benefits.
- The body is nothing unless the spirit is in it. When a person dies there is nothing to sustain life because the spirit that gives life has left the body. That's why the more we develop our spirit the stronger our bodies will be. So we take care of our spirit and feed our spirit and we develop our spirit. A believer should be growing spiritually all the time because they are developing their spirit by listening to the Word and feeding their spirit by the Word of God. We have to stay spiritually fit and thus physically fit.
- Faith words nourish. That's what feeds your spirit.
1 Timothy 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. 7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. KJV
1 Timothy 4:7 Don’t waste time arguing over foolish ideas and silly myths and legends. Spend your time and energy in the exercise of keeping spiritually fit. TLB
- Developing our spirits daily will mean that our spirit will be remain strong and will stand in the day of adversity.
Proverbs 24:10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. KJV
Proverbs 24:10 If you are weak in a crisis, you are weak indeed. GNT
Proverbs 24:10 If you fall to pieces in a crisis, there wasn't much to you in the first place. MSG
Our spirit has an immune system and built up it will resist everything. Weakened and depleted it will be susceptible to anything. The degree of success you experience in life is directly connected to the condition of your spirit. That includes your physical body, your family, and your finances.
We cannot and do not quit no matter what we are going through because we maintain a strong spirit.
I pray you receive the strength that's coming to you right now through this teaching and go on to your victory.
Make this confession of faith: I make a determination right now I am going to get spiritually fit and I am not going to get in this position of weakness ever again. When the going gets tough, I get even tougher. I don't quit. I am tough and I won't quit.
With your strong spirit no matter what you are facing and what's going on you can come to the place like Paul in the Book of Acts, Acts 20:24 …"none of these things move me",… KJV
I am praying you see that the spirit man is important and that you need to get stronger in your spirit every day and begin to feed your spirit and develop your spirit.